It's winter. It's cold and gloomy. The days are shorter and the nights are long. Most days you don't feel like getting out of your warm, cozy bed. And you feel sad for no reason. Don't worry, you just have the winter blues. Here are some things you can do to make you feel all happy and fuzzy inside again.
- Dress up! Yes I know it's cold and you have to layer up, but you can still wear your favorite clothes and accessories.
- Wear your favorite perfume. A good fragrance uplifts the mood, and better yet, it's on you!
- Exercise! Long walks in the crisp air are especially refreshing. Plus the endorphin rush from exercise will make you happy.
- Socialize. It's the season of events and activities. Do something with friends or even with just one friend if you're anti-social like me.
- Snuggle up with hot chocolate and a book.
- Watch your favorite movies with hot home-made popcorn.
- Light up holiday scented candles in the house.
- Write out a long list of everything you achieved last year. No matter how small.
- Put up fairy lights inside your house or your room. P.S. I have fairy lights inside my closet.
- Dance. At a club or a dance class, or in the privacy of your own room. You can't feel sad if you're dancing. It's science.
- Reorganize your space. Rearrange your desk, the furniture in your room, or just the knick-knacks on your shelves. The newness of changing things around you will make you feel good.
- Play your favorite music.
- Bake! Bread, cakes, cookies, biscuits. Anything that you like that fills the house with delicious, warm aromas.
- Do something nice and unexpected for someone you love.
- Drink herbal tea. There's just something about sipping on a hot mug of tea that makes you feel all good inside.
- And the last one- think about spring being around the corner!
Until next time