It's Hump Day again. I was literally too tired to take photos, so I decided to show you a sketch instead. You like?
Here are my Little Delights for this week:
- A colleague telling me I have stars in my eyes.
- Melinda from My Year Of Hugs calling me her little delight of last week. :-)
- My 7 year old niece Emma's comments on each post. She lives in Canada, and I have not met her since she was born. (How grateful am I to the internet!) Go read them, they're so cute!
- My friend's 7 year old cousin reading out this post in class for a read-aloud project.
This week has been maddening, so I have only these many delights. But over the weekend, a couple of friends and I were sitting at Caribou Coffee, and the napkins had this question on it- List your Guilty Pleasures. We all dared each other to list them. And that made me think- What are my guilty pleasures? (the emphasis being on guilty.) After much thought, here they are:
- The dark chocolate fondant at Maya La Chocolaterie. Mmmmmmm...
- Throwing a tantrum in front of my mom. I am an expert in throwing tantrums. Being the middle child, I learnt that my tantrums have to be a cut above the rest to really get my mom's attention. And I very unashamedly still throw them. Recently I was throwing one, and my mom looked at me very seriously and asked, "Shabana, how old are you?" My immediate answer- "6. Plus 20."
- Reading a gossip magazine at work.
- Buying yet one more 5 inch platform heels.
- Shopping when I know I shouldn't.
- Spending an entire day doing nothing but lazing on the bed. I'm a Type A hyper, workaholic, rush-around person who never switches her brain off. So this is a very guilty pleasure.
- Reading just before bed even though it's late and I'm super tired.
Now put yours in the comments. And add your guilty pleasures too, if you dare!